FutureScot is pleased to announce Digital Cities 2017 – a series of policy conferences aimed at policy, academic, technology and business leaders taking place across Scotland this September- coming to:
Featuring a range of prominent speakers, the objective of the events is to equip leaders with the tools they need to further unlock the potential of digital in their cities. Supporting communities of digital talent in Scotland’s major cities has been given added impetus following the recent publication of the Scottish Government’s A Digital Strategy for Scotland.
“Digital is transforming the way we live,” said Derek Mackay, Cabinet Secretary for Finance and Constitution. “It is connecting us faster than ever before while putting more power into the hands of service users. There is a huge opportunity here and now to ensure that people, businesses and organisations across Scotland, are given the tools and skills they need to harness this potential.”
Importantly, Digital Cities 2017 will provide useful local feedback following a nationwide health check on Scotland’s digital cities carried out by Nesta – the innovation foundation.
The event’s Digital Showcase also will provide local government and public sector agencies insights from industry solutions providers – another strategic goal backed by government. Our expert-led, intensive sessions, will be heavily focused on outcomes with a full and frank discussion about the strengths of Scotland’s cities, and where added focus is needed on the path to digitalisation. Key learnings from each event will be captured in the form of live audience polling and featured in a full report both on FutureScot.com and in The Times Scotland.
Thanks to our supporters, delegate rates are only £49 and as such places are very limited. So don’t miss out – book now to secure your place:
Dundee and Perth: 5 September
Edinburgh: 6 September
Inverness: 7 September
Aberdeen: 12 September
Stirling: 13 September
Glasgow: 14 September
• Discover the latest innovations and learn how new technologies are being put to use in Dundee and Perth
• Connect with Central Government and Dundee City Council and Perth & Kinross Council decision-makers and policy formers, as well as leaders of change in digital infrastructure
• Engage in keynote panel discussions with digital city specialists
• Quiz regional and national experts and discuss the latest solutions to common challenges.
• Influence: outcomes of each event will be featured in a full report both on FutureScot.com and in The Times Scotland.
Who should attend?
• Local Authority IT Managers / Infrastructure Managers
• Policymakers and Regulators
• IT Infrastructure Developers
• Private Sector
• Enterprise Agency Representatives
• City Chambers Representatives / Members
• IT skills agencies / providers
• Housing Association Managers
• Third and Voluntary Sector Managers
Please note places are limited. Book early to avoid disappointment.