Location: Edinburgh based
Type: Full time
Title: Business Development Executive; FutureScot Conferences
Line of reporting: To Head of Business Development
Salary: Negotiable: Commensurate with experience + Commission
FutureScot.com are looking for a self-motivated and trustworthy sales professional to join our Business Development team.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a successful track record in sales and will be responsible for the growth and development of relationships with organisations of all sizes. You will be responsible for managing current accounts, and growing a portfolio of key clients seeking to engage within Scotland’s technology sector and digital transformation across Central Government and the wider public sector. Business development or sales experience within the technology sector, and an understanding of the public sector in Scotland is preferable.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a successful conference sales team at the forefront of digital transformation across Scotland.
FutureScot is recognised as the leading provider of thought leadership conferences in; Digital Health & Care, Transformation of Education, Innovation within the Built Environment, Cyber Security, Justice and Smart Cities. Our annual DigitalScotland19 summit is the flagship event for Digital Transformation across Scotland.
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to develop sponsorship and partnership relationships from existing and new clients
- The ability to engage senior stakeholders within large enterprise, SMB & SME’s
- Excellent account management skills
- Excellent sales development skills and confidence in closing deals over the phone and meetings.
- A genuine interest in developingconferences
- Familiarity with the technology industry & public sector in Scotland
- Meticulous attention to detail with excellent organisational skills and the ability to work to deadlines and targets
- Polished communication and ‘people skills’
- Good negotiation skills
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- An understanding of researching business events or business projects
- A hunger for news and information; and the understanding of how a conferencecan inform debate
- Education to degree level preferred (please indicate any professional qualifications or membership of relevant organisations.
Canongate Communications Ltd is an equal opportunities employer. Please mail your CV and covering letter to email@example.com