Title: Business Development Executive.
Products: FutureScot Conferences & FS Magazine.
Type: Full time.
Line of reporting: To Head of Conferences & Business Development.
Salary: Negotiable – Commensurate with experience + Commission.
FutureScot are looking for a self-motivated and trustworthy sales professional to join our business development team.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a successful track record in sales and will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with organisations seeking to communicate with Scotland’s technology sector. Conference or technology sales experience would be an advantage.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small, dedicated conference and media sales team at the cutting edge of digital transformation.
We are recognised for the quality of our Conferences which include health, education, built environment, security, justice and our flagship DigitalScotland Conference. See all our conferences and our magazines on futurescot.com
The successful candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to develop partnership relationships from new and existing clients
- Account management skills
- Sales development skills
- A genuine interest in conferences and the live event medium
- Familiarity and an interest in the technology sector
- Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills
- Polished communication and people skills
- The ability to work well with management
- Good negotiation skills
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative
- An understanding of researching events or business projects
- A hunger for news and information
- How a conference and magazines can inform debate
- Understanding of business and legislative processes
- Drive, resourcefulness and intelligence
- Education to degree level preferred (please indicate any professional qualifications or membership of relevant organisations).
FutureScot is an equal opportunities employer. Please mail your CV and covering letter to Vincenzo@futurescot.com or call 0131 357 4475 for more information.