Booking Terms & Conditions: Effective 01 April 2022
Canongate Communications Limited (Trading as Futurescot)
ADVERTISING, MEDIA, EVENTS, SPONSORSHIP & EXHIBITION AND DELEGATE AND ATTENDEE BOOKINGS
In these Terms and Conditions, the following words and phrases shall have the following meaning:
“Publishing” means any Print or Digital Advertisement, Content, or Advertorial submitted to Futurescot by or on behalf of the “Client” for insertion in a Futurescot Publication, or for use by Futurescot at an event or on its websites.
“Agreement” means the Order or Booking Form, Email or Verbal confirmation, and these Terms and Conditions.
“Company”, “we”, “us” or “our” means Canongate Communications Limited (Trading as Futurescot).
“Force Majeure Event” means any event beyond our control including (but not limited to) war (whether declared or not), civil war, riots, terrorism, natural disasters such as violent storms, floods and/or lightening, explosions, fires and/or lightening, explosions, fires and/or destruction of plan, machinery and/or factories, strikes and labour disputes of all kinds, epidemic, pandemic, quarantine restriction, acts of authority, whether lawful or unlawful, except for an act for which we have assumed the risk by virtue of other provisions of this Agreement, and any lack of authorisation, license or approval necessary for the performance of the contract which is to be issued by any public authority and/or any other cause whatsoever beyond our control.
“Event” means a conference, exhibition, convention, congress, summit, seminar, webinar, web-conference, meeting, round table workshop, award dinner, public training, virtual event, private or bespoke training or another event.
“Order” means the Booking Form, email or verbal confirmation which sets out the services that we are to provide to you during and in relation to the Event.
Order is an Event or Publishing booking whether it is stand alone, or part of a package is accepted on the understanding that the relationship between Futurescot and the Client is governed by the Terms & Conditions set out below.
The Agreement between us and you shall commence upon receipt of your Order received by fax, e-mail, post or otherwise. An exact description of the services to be supplied to you by us can be found on this correspondence. Bookings are subject to the rates specified in the relevant booking form or in email communication.
2) PRICE AND PAYMENT
Payment shall be effective on the crediting Futurescot’s bank account of money transferred electronically or through the clearing bank’s BACS system.
Unless otherwise stated all prices quoted are exclusive of value added tax or other applicable taxes. Where applicable, these taxes will be charged at the rate in force at the time of the issue of any invoice.
Payment for is due 30 working days from the date specified on the booking correspondence and invoice. Other arrangements can be agreed for Package Bookings and must be agreed at the time of booking.
Payment is due 30 working days from the date specified on the booking form and invoice and no later than 60 days prior to the event. Late bookings must be paid prior to the Event. Other arrangements can be agreed for Package Bookings and must be agreed at the time of booking.
In some instances, an Order may be taken for attendance at multiple Events. Cancellation and payment terms will apply to each of these Events as if they were separate Orders and contracts.
3) CANCELLATION & POSTPONEMENT
Clients must notify Futurescot in writing of any cancellations and postponements in accordance with the deadlines set out below, otherwise the Booking will remain in effect and all relevant fees shall remain payable.
Advertisements and Advertorials – sixty working days’ notice prior to publication date is required to stop or suspend an advertisement insertion.
Digital – 30 working days prior to commencement of the Clients campaign.
Futurescot at its absolute discretion may:
- Reject, refuse, omit, postpone, cancel, or require changes to the whole or part of any materials submitted for insertion at any time.
- Amend, postpone, or cancel the start date or positioning of the Advertisement.
- Make acceptance of the Booking subject to other certain specified conditions.
- Remove from publication without notice any Booking Futurescot reasonably believes is unlawful or damaging to our reputation, or that of The Times Scotland.
The following additional terms and conditions apply to Advertorial and content Bookings specified below:
- The Client will take full responsibility and is liable for their Advertorials and will ensure they are accurate, not misleading and of a quality commensurate with Futurescot and The Times Scotland.
- Will not include any The Times Scotland trademarks without our written consent.
- Futurescot may add suitable statements making clear that the Clients content is sponsored content and that no Futurescot editorial staff have been involved in producing the content; and where Futurescot provides editorial services in relation to the design and creation of all or part of the advertorial the Client retains full responsibility.
Clients must notify Futurescot in writing of any cancellations and postponements in accordance with the deadlines set out below, otherwise the Booking will remain in effect and all relevant fees shall remain payable.
- Lead Sponsorship of Futurescot – 26 weeks
- Sponsorship of Futurescot Masterclass – 13 weeks
- Exhibition Space – 13 weeks
- Futurescot reserve the right to cancel the Event at any time and shall not be liable for any loss howsoever arising. In such circumstances, we will refund any sum paid by you to us. Our liability is limited to this sum.
- If a Futurescot Event is postponed because of a Force Majeure Event, or because of legislation or guidance from a public authority, then the cancellation deadlines apply to the dates outlined in the Order or Booking Form and not the revised or proposed new date(s).
- Excluding a Force Majeure Event Futurescot shall be entitled once in any 12-month period to postpone the Event for a reasonable period (but not exceeding 12 months).
- We shall notify you of any such postponement. In the event of a postponed Event under these Terms and Conditions you shall not be due a refund in respect of this Agreement.
- Should we change at any time the media through or on which, or the venue at which, the Event will be available for attendance, whether in person or by any remote or digital media, including without limitation webinar, videoconference, teleconference or web or virtual-based delivery. We will not issue any refund to you in the event of any such change.
The Client warrants and represents that:
It is contracting with Futurescot as a principal, it has the authority to do so, and if it is an Agent, it is authorised to make Bookings on behalf of its Clients.
It shall not represent to any third party that Futurescot in any way endorses the Client, the Advertisement and/or the Client’s products or services.
All Advertisements and Copy submitted for publication and on any website to which such and shall:
• Comply with all applicable laws, regulations, codes of practice or similar in countries where Futurescot publications are available without limitation.
• Not contain any libellous, fraudulent, misleading, or false statement, and shall not give cause, directly or indirectly, for any action to be brought against Futurescot for libel, fraud, or publication of a false or misleading statement.
• Not infringe the intellectual property rights, rights in confidential information, rights of privacy or any other rights whatsoever of any third party or unfairly prejudice the legitimate interest of any third party by implication or otherwise.
• Will have obtained the consent of any living person whose name or image (in whole or in part) is contained in the Advertisement.
• Complies with the Committee of Advertising Practice’s British Code of Advertising, Sales Promotion and Direct Marketing and all other codes under the general supervision of the Advertising Standards Authority or any successor body and that, without limitation, all material included within an Advertisement is accurate, legal, decent, honest, and truthful.
• Not discriminate or indicate an intention to discriminate on grounds of sex, race, religion or belief, disability, ethnic origin, age, or sexual orientation.
• Will not cause disruption to any computer, computer system, network, or any Futurescot website, and shall be free from viruses, adware, malware, or malicious code.
• Will not be prejudicial or damaging to the reputation of Futurescot.
• Will not contain anything which Futurescot in good faith considers to be offensive or otherwise inappropriate.
• The Client shall fully indemnify Futurescot, its director, agents, and employees against all losses, liabilities, costs, claims, damages, demands, expenses and fees (including without limitation reasonable legal and other professional fees) arising out of or in connection with the publication of an Advertisement or Copy in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Futurescot makes no representation or warranty as to:
• Whether any publication of any Advertisement or Copy will be confined to persons resident in any legal jurisdiction.
• The exact number of page impressions that will be delivered on specific dates during an online campaign.
• The quality of reproduction of Advertisements or Partner Content.
• The exact layout and format of any Futurescot Publication or Site which shall be in the discretion of Futurescot.
• The accuracy or completeness of its database of users.
• The accuracy or completeness of any materials or information provided by Futurescot to the Client about the effectiveness of a Client’s Advertisement on any reader or user.
• If Futurescot fails to publish an Advertisement on an agreed date pursuant to a Booking solely due to the fault of Futurescot the Client may require Futurescot to either publish the Advertisement on a revised mutually agreed date at no additional cost or require Futurescot to refund any fees paid in advance by the Client for such Advertisement, and such publication or refund shall be Buyer’s sole remedy for such failure.
• The Client will not be responsible for any error or omission in the insertion of any Advertisement, or for any damage or loss of any copy, electronic files, data, drawings, or other materials supplied for the purpose of an Advertisement.
• The Client shall not be liable for any claims for refunds or compensation on the basis that a printed Advertisement is not the same size as quoted in a Booking.
• If Buyer fails make such a complaint within 30 Working Days, then Futurescot shall have no liability to the Client in respect of such complaint.
• Futurescot shall not be liable for any failure to comply with these Terms and Conditions because of any event beyond its reasonable control.
• Where an Event takes place at a specific venue with delegates attending in person, or in a virtual format, we may allocate specific sites within the Event floorplan to you. We reserve the right to change any such allocation at any time prior to or during the Event and will advise you of such change in writing.
• We reserve the right to change the agenda, timings, and format for an Event at any time, regardless of the media through which the Event is available. Any priority or preferences of exposure or access for you relating to a planned on-site Event will be reflected after any such change, to the extent reasonably practicable, by us in the operation of that Event through any other media (including without limitation web- based media).
• Each person attending an Event on behalf of you, in any way and by any media, must also comply with our terms and conditions for delegates.
• You must insure against any loss or injury arising to any person (including without limitation members of the public or us, your staff, contractors, or sub-contractors) or property howsoever caused because of any act or default of you, your staff, contractors or sub-contractors.
• Such insurance must be always in place relevant to the Event. If we so demand, you shall provide proof to us that you have adequate insurance cover.
• Subject to any liability that cannot be limited or excluded at law, we, our staff, contractors, and sub-contractors shall not be liable for any loss or damage (including without limitation consequential or indirect loss or damage) suffered by you, your staff, contractors and sub-contractors or invitees whether such loss or damage arises from breach of a duty in contract or tort or in any other way.
• This shall include (but not by way of limitation) loss of profits; loss of contracts, loss of or damage to property or goods of you or any other person, or (but only so far as such injury is not caused by our negligence) personal injury, or for any special, indirect, or consequential loss, costs, damages, charges or expenses.
• Our total liability for all other losses arising under or in connection with this Agreement (including without limitation this Agreement), whether in contract, tort (including without limitation negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, shall be limited to the total sums paid by you to us under this Agreement.
• You shall indemnify us against all liabilities, costs, expenses, damages and losses (including without limitation any direct, indirect or consequential losses, loss of profit, loss of reputation and all interest, penalties and legal costs (calculated on a full indemnity basis) and all other professional costs and expenses) suffered or incurred by us arising out of or in connection with any claim made against us by any third party arising out of (i) the actions or omissions of you or your employees, agents or subcontractors, or (ii) the performance (or failure in performance) of this Agreement by you.
• You will be responsible for any damage to the property of us or the Event venue caused by you or any of your employees or guests. Subject to any liability that cannot be limited or excluded at law, we do not accept responsibility for any loss of, or damage to, or destruction of vehicles, or other property howsoever caused. You should insure high value items yourselves. Our insurance will not cover your equipment in the event of loss or damage.
• The Client may not assign or transfer any of its rights under these Terms and Conditions to any third party.
• If any provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be invalid or unenforceable, it shall not affect any other provision, which shall remain in full force and effect.
• In the event of any conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any email exchange or other document that may relate to a Booking, these Terms and Conditions shall prevail to the extent of that conflict.
• These Terms and Conditions are governed by Scots Law. The parties agree that the Scottish courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute which may arise out of these Terms and Conditions and submit all disputes to the jurisdiction of those courts.
• Buyer shall pay all amounts due to Futurescot free and clear of all deductions or withholdings unless the law requires a deduction or withholding, in which case The Client shall pay such additional amount as will ensure that the net amount Futurescot receives (after account is taken of any such deduction or withholding in respect of the additional amount) equals the full amount Futurescot would have received had the deduction or withholding not been required.
• These Terms and Conditions, together with any Booking Form agreed by the parties, constitute the entire agreement between the parties regarding its subject matter and shall supersede all prior understandings, commitments, and undertakings that either party may have given.
• Without limitation to the foregoing, any additional terms Buyer may seek to impose (including without limitation by way of any insertion or purchase order, email, acknowledgement, or click-through agreement) shall be void and unenforceable.
• Futurescot may from time to time modify these Terms and Conditions by publishing any changes online.
• The Terms and Conditions in force at the date of the Order will apply throughout the term of the Agreement unless agreed between the parties in writing.
• This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between us and you and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between us and you, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.
• Each party agrees that it shall have no remedies in respect of any statement, representation, assurance, or warranty (whether made innocently or negligently) that is not set out in this Agreement. Each party agrees that it shall have no claim for innocent or negligent misrepresentation based on any statement in this Agreement.
• Each of the provisions contained in this Agreement shall be construed as independent of every other provision, so that if any provision in this Agreement shall be determined by any Court or competent authority to be illegal, invalid and/or unenforceable, then such determination shall not affect any other provision of this Agreement, all of which other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
• This Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it or its subject matter (including without limitation non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland.
• The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of Scotland shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Agreement or its subject matter.
• The person or persons signing the Order on behalf of you shall be deemed to have full authority to do so on behalf of you and you shall have no right to claim against us that such person or persons did not have such authority.
• A person who is not us or you shall not have any rights under or in connection with this Agreement.
• If we need to contact you, we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us in the Order. You must contact us using the details set out in the Order or these Terms and Conditions.
6) DELEGATE BOOKINGS & EVENT ATTENDEES
Futurescot Delegate Terms and Conditions apply to all delegates and attendees of Futurescot (In Person and Digital) Events including, attending speakers, sponsors, and sponsors guests.
• The following terms apply whether you are booking to attend an Event in person (Physical Event) or virtually (Digital Event). Individuals who attend or register to attend any Event or Conference are referred to in these terms as Delegates.
• On booking, you must provide Futurescot with accurate, complete registration information and it is your responsibility to update Futurescot with any changes to that information. Futurescot is entitled to rely on any information you provide to us.
• Each booking is for a single user only. The email address that you provide on booking must correspond to a named email account and not a generic or shared email account.
Confirmation of bookings:
• All bookings are subject to availability and acceptance by Futurescot, which will be confirmed in writing (including by email) that Futurescot has received the completed booking form, the related fees if required, and anything else that Futurescot may require.
• Upon Futurescot’s written confirmation to you of its acceptance of your booking for a place at an Event there will be a legally binding contract between Futurescot and you to which these terms apply.
• Futurescot reserves the right to refuse to accept any booking in its absolute discretion.
• You are responsible for all use of any Virtual Platform’s made by you or anyone else using your ID and for preventing unauthorised use of your ID. Where we provide you with a unique link for logging in to any Digital Platform, you should ensure that this is not shared with anyone else, as it will be tied to your ID.
• If you believe there has been any breach of security such as the disclosure, or unauthorised use of your ID or any payment information, you must notify Futurescot immediately by emailing us at email@example.com.
• Fees for each Event are correct at the time of publication. Futurescot reserves the right to change the Fees at any time but changes will not affect registrations which have already been confirmed by Futurescot. The Fees are payable at the same time as you submit your booking form by credit card or cheque. You acknowledge that Futurescot cannot guarantee places held on a provisional basis and that places may sell out.
• The Fees do not include travel to or from the Event or any accommodation costs incurred.
• Under VAT regulations, Delegates are required to pay VAT at the applicable rate on all Events taking place in the United Kingdom.
Changes, Cancellations and Postponements:
• If a Futurescot Event is postponed because of a Force Majeure Event, or because of legislation or guidance from a public authority, then the cancellation deadlines apply to the dates outlined in the Order or Booking Form and not the revised or proposed new date(s).
• Excluding a Force Majeure Event, Futurescot shall be entitled once in any 12-month period to postpone the Event for a reasonable period (but not exceeding 12 months). We shall notify you of any such postponement. In the event of a postponed Event under these Terms and Conditions you shall not be due a refund in respect of this Agreement.
• Should we change at any time the media through or on which, or the venue at which, the Event will be available for attendance, whether in person or by any remote or digital media, including without limitation webinar, videoconference, teleconference or web or virtual-based delivery. We will not issue any refund to you in the event of any such change.
• Whilst our programmes are correct at the time of going to press, in certain circumstances it may be necessary for Futurescot to alter the content, format, venue or timing of an Event.
• All Delegates will be notified of such changes prior to the Event.
• If you cannot attend an Event for which you have registered, please contact Futurescot as soon as possible (and in any event no later than 24 hours before the Event) at firstname.lastname@example.org
• Futurescot will allow a substitute to attend the Event in your place (if we have received the details of that substitute) or you can attend the next available Event.
• If you notify us that you wish to cancel your attendance at a Physical Event for which a Fee is payable, then cancellation charges will apply as follows.
• Please note that refunds may take up to 14 working days.
• The refund will be distributed in the same form as the original payment was received (e.g., credit card payment will refund to the same credit card account number).
• Written notice received by us % fee to be charged:
30 days + prior to the first day of the Event 25%
Within 30 days to the first day of the Event 100%
All Fees for Digital Events are non-refundable, except the circumstances described below:
• Futurescot may in exceptional circumstances need to postpone or cancel an Event, and we will notify you as soon as reasonably practicable of any such postponement or cancellation.
• If an Event is cancelled, or if an Event is postponed and you cannot attend the rearranged date, we will refund any Fees you have paid in advance within 8 weeks.
• You agree that Futurescot liability to you will be limited to the amount of the Fees you have paid and Futurescot will not be liable to you for any expenditure, damage or loss incurred by you because of the cancellation or postponement.
Attending In Person (Physical) Events:
• Please advise us of any special access requirements at the time of making your booking for any In Person Event.
• Futurescot reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse you admission or eject you from any Physical Event for failure to comply with these Terms, or if in Futurescot’s opinion you represent a security risk, nuisance or annoyance to the running of the Event.
• You are responsible for arranging your own appropriate insurance cover in connection with your attendance at any Physical Event.
• To the maximum extent permitted by law, Futurescot will not be liable for any kind of loss or damage to you or your personal property, unless caused by our negligence.
Filming, photography, and recordings:
• Except as otherwise instructed at an In Person Event you are permitted to make reasonable video or audio recordings and to take photographs at any Physical Event, in each case for your own personal use.
• You must not make video or audio recordings of the whole (or substantially the whole) of any In Person Event or of any session within the In Person Event, or use any recordings or photographs for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by Futurescot.
• You acknowledge that any In Person Event or part of it may be filmed by audio, visual, audio-visual, or electronic means or photographed, including photographs of individual Delegates or groups of Delegates.
• You agree to permit Futurescot, or any third party licensed by Futurescot, to use and distribute such footage and photographs, which may feature images of you, in all or any media (including social media).
• Please inform the photographer if you do not wish to be included in any individual or group photographs.
Attending Digital Events:
• The Digital Event is a web-based event which can be accessed through desktop or mobile devices using the link provided in the confirmation email sent to You. The Digital Event can be accessed live or for a limited time after the Event has taken place.
• You are solely responsible for ensuring that you have the necessary desktop or mobile equipment and internet connection for accessing the Digital Event.
• Futurescot reserves the right, without any liability, to refuse you access or eject you from the Digital Event for failure to comply with these Terms; or if in Futurescot’s opinion you represent a security risk, nuisance, or annoyance to the running of the Digital Event.
• You are not permitted to make your own video or audio recordings of the Digital Event or use any photographs or screenshots of the Digital Event for commercial purposes, unless expressly permitted by Futurescot.
Delegate Content and Networking Features:
• A Digital Event may include features allowing Delegates to post questions, comments, messages and take part in polling. The Digital Event may allow all or some Delegates to access additional networking features that enable them to directly contact other Delegates who have access to the same features. You must not post, link to or otherwise publish content that is:
• Not your own original work or content which infringes the copyright or other rights of any third party.
• Contains any form of advertising or promotion for goods and services or any spam or other form of unsolicited communication.
• Is threatening, offensive, libellous, indecent, or otherwise unlawful.
• Is discriminatory in nature for example, comments which make attacks on the grounds of race, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, or age.
• Personally, attacks any Event speaker or any other individual participating in the Event.
• Contains viruses, files or code designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of the Site, the Digital Event or any computer or equipment.
• You acknowledge that Futurescot cannot control the Delegate Content posted by others so we cannot guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of any Delegate Content. Some users may not behave properly and may post Delegate that is misleading, untrue, or offensive.
• Futurescot reserves the right to monitor or review any Public Content or Networking Content, though it is not possible for us to fully monitor all Public Content or Networking Content.
• Futurescot also reserves the right to access and review any Private Content in respect of which any complaint is made by its recipient. Futurescot may remove any Delegate Content that is potentially in breach of these terms.
• We may also ban a Delegate from posting any further Delegate Content or eject them from the Digital Event.
• If you post any Public Content, you are granting Futurescot a right to publish, re-use, archive, modify, delete, or commercially exploit that Public Content in whole or in part, without any requirement to pay you for this and with or without attribution to you.
Use of Delegate data at physical events:
• All information received from you at any Event may be passed on by Futurescot to sponsors and Event Partners.
• If you provide Futurescot with an email address that will result in any messages Futurescot may send you being sent to you via a network or device operated or owned by your employer or colleague, then you promise that you are entitled to receive those messages.
• You agree that Futurescot may stop sending messages to you without notifying you.
• Where an Event is stated to have a Delegate List, this means that the names, job titles and organisations of all registered Delegates at that Event may be included on a list that is provided to speakers, sponsoring companies, and other delegates at the Event.
• You can opt out of being included in the Delegate List when you book for the Event by using the opt-out box provided, or by emailing email@example.com.
Use of Delegate Details at a Futurescot Virtual Event:
• Your details will be available to other Delegates, Sponsors and Speakers and make up part of the Networking and other Networking features. You can opt out of being included in the Delegate List when you book for the Event by using the opt-out box provided, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Delegates must not use the Delegate List for their own promotional and marketing purposes, for example by using the Delegate List for sending any form of unsolicited communications to other Delegates.
• Futurescot will only contact you for marketing purposes and will pass on your contact details to sponsors for marketing purposes, to the extent that you agree to this during the booking process for your Event.
Terms for Speakers:
If you are a speaker or facilitator at any Event, please acknowledge that:
• You may be recorded by video or audio, and or photographed during the course of your contribution to the Event. Futurescot may make such recordings or photographs publicly available at Futurescot’s discretion.
• Futurescot may share your contact details with other Speakers and sponsors of the Event, for purposes relating to your participation in the Event.
• Futurescot may mention you on our Futurescot Live Twitter feed and other social media channels, with or without your photograph.
• If you are a speaker or facilitator at any Digital Event, it is your responsibility to ensure you have the necessary software equipment and internet access to participate in the Digital Event. Details will be provided of who to contact if you encounter any technical difficulties before or during your participation in the Digital Event.
• You confirm that your contribution to the Event will comprise your own original content and that you will either own, or have permission to use, any materials you use, distribute, or display at the Event, for example, any slides, handouts or other presentation materials.
Limitations on Futurescot Liability:
In these terms, “Event Content” means any content communicated, supplied, displayed, or otherwise made available by us, or by any speakers, at or in connection with any Event. This includes, but is not limited to, any presentations, handouts, slides, or audio-visual materials.
• Event Content is only for your general information and entertainment purposes and is not intended to address your requirements. In particular, Event Content does not constitute any form of advice, recommendation, representation, endorsement or arrangement by Futurescot or by any speaker.
• Views expressed by speakers are their own and Futurescot disclaims all liability for advice given or views expressed during an Event.
• Any agreements, transactions or other arrangements made between you and any other Delegate at any Event are at your own responsibility and entered at your own risk.
• Futurescot will develop and operate any Events and any Digital Services with reasonable skill and care and in accordance with good industry practice and all applicable laws.
• The above disclaimers apply equally to your use of any Virtual Platforms and your attendance at any Events. Without limiting the above, Futurescot is not liable for matters beyond its reasonable control.
• Futurescot does not control third party communications networks (including your internet service provider), the internet, acts of god or the acts of third parties.
Our financial responsibility:
You agree that if we are in breach of these terms, we will only be responsible to you for any damages that you incur arising out of your attendance at any Events or your use of any Virtual Platforms or Event Content as follows:
• If you incur any loss because of attending any Events or using any Digital Services or Event Content outside the scope of these terms, Futurescot accepts no responsibility (liability) to you for this.
• You will be responsible for all claims, liabilities, damages, cost and expenses suffered or incurred as a result of your breach of these terms.
• Futurescot will only be responsible for loss or damage you suffer which is the reasonably foreseeable result of our breach of a legal duty of care owed to you, but in no event shall the liability of Futurescot or its affiliates exceed the amount, if any, paid by you to the Futurescot for the Event or Digital Services.
• Futurescot will not be responsible to you for any loss or damage suffered by your business, such as lost data, lost profits, or any business interruption.
• The limitations of liability apply for the benefit of Futurescot, its affiliates, and all their respective officers, directors, employees, agents, or any company who we transfer our rights and obligations to in accordance with these terms.