Business Development Manager – (Conferences, Events & Publications)
Salary: Commensurate with experience + Uncapped commission.
We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager, with a good contacts book and lots of ideas to sell sponsorship, advertising, content, and event management packages to add to our extensive blue chip client base. The ideal candidate will have experience of selling advertising and event sponsorship packages or come from a recruitment background and has an understanding of business, technology, and policy ecosystems.
Our flagship DigitalScotland conference is the market-leading public sector digital transformation event in Scotland, telling the story of how technology is transforming our public services. Throughout the year we produce a portfolio of conferences includes Digital Health, Cyber, Edutech, Justice and bespoke events for clients. https://futurescot.com/futurescot-live/
Our magazine Futurescot magazine, published quarterly and distributed with 35,000 copies of The Times Scotland, is the go-to publication for digital leaders in Scotland, analysing new initiatives and reporting on digital transformation across the private and public sectors. Regular coverage is delivered in our weekly newsletter and website, provide vital news, insight, and analysis for key sectors.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a successful track record in sales and will be responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with organisations seeking to communicate with Scotland’s technology and innovation sectors. Full product and market training will be given, but media, exhibition and sponsorship sales experience would be an advantage.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a small, dedicated conference and media sales team selling cutting edge digital transformation media products.
You can see all our conferences and magazines at futurescot.com.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- The ability to develop partnership relationships with new and existing clients.
- Account management skills.
- Sales development skills.
- A genuine interest in conferences and events.
- Attention to detail and excellent organisational skills.
- Polished communication and people skills.
- A self-starter with the ability to work well with limited management.
- The ability to work as part of a team and on your own initiative.
- An understanding of researching events or business projects.
- A hunger for news and information.
- How a conference and magazines can inform debate.
- Drive, resourcefulness and intelligence.
FutureScot is an equal opportunities employer. Please mail your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07748 678191 for more information.