CENSIS is offering up to five Scottish-based companies or individuals a package of co-ordinated growth support over several months to help them accelerate an IoT cyber security or resilience product or service into the market. This event is part of the Scottish Enterprise and Scottish Government supported cyber challenge programme, launched by Kate Forbes MSP at the 6th CENSIS Technology Summit.
The accelerator is open to:
- Companies with innovative plans to move in to or grow their presence in the IoT cyber security or resilience space.
- Individuals with strong ideas and concepts – you may not be trading yet, but you’ll have a well-planned, clearly thought through idea for an IoT cyber security or resilience product or service.
Because of the way the programme is funded, these support packages are only available to organisations or individuals with an office or base in Scotland.
What ideas are we looking for? There are no limits – we’re looking for ideas that can be applied to any sector or market.
What’s on offer?
- Up to 10 days’ support from our skilled, industry-experienced engineering team over a maximum of six months (on non-consecutive days). We’ll work with each winner to tailor-make a support package.
- Business development support from CENSIS, including introductions to third party support organisations.
- IP support workshop from Scottish Patent and Trade Mark attorneys, Scintilla IP
- Hot desking available on request (subject of course to national guidelines around home working and access to offices).
What’s the timeline?
We’re open NOW to accept your application, so don’t wait.
As soon as your application arrives, our review panel will assess it. If we think it has potential, we can allocate one of the five support packages and start working with you immediately. We might want to have a short interview with you, via teleconference, before making our final decision,
The very last date to send us your application is 29 May but if you have an idea please don’t wait and risk missing out; send us your idea now.
CENSIS will select an overall winner from the five winners of the support package.
The overall winner of the IoT Cyber Challenge Accelerator Programme will win a place straight to the semi-finals of the Scottish EDGE competition.
Scottish EDGE is the UK’s biggest business funding competition for businesses headquartered in Scotland with innovative, early-stage, high-growth potential ideas, offering loans and grants of up to £150,000 and a comprehensive business support package. The competition is very popular attracting around 250 entries to each bi-annual round of the competition with only around 50 of the initial entrants getting to the semi-final stage
All winners will come together on 25 June for a virtual launch, where they’ll be introduced each other and meet the partners and people who’ll be supporting them over the coming months.
Find out how to apply here