Conference & Events Manager – (Research, Content and Development)
We are looking for a dynamic Conference & Events Development Manager with a good contacts book and lots of ideas to work across our growing portfolio of conferences and events.
The role may suit a journalist, public relations professional or communications administrator with strong people skills who want to develop their career working with our blue-chip clients, speaker base and event attendees.
The ideal candidate will have experience in developing event content, sourcing and liaising with high-level speakers and have a genuine interest in business, technology, and especially public policy.
These policy skills will be required to take immediate responsibility for developing a series of policy and technology breakfast briefings and seminars that will be launched this summer in association with The Times Scotland.
Our flagship DigitalScotland conference is the market-leading public sector digital transformation event in Scotland, telling the story of how technology is transforming our public services. Throughout the year we produce a portfolio of conferences including Digital Health, Cyber, Edutech, Justice and bespoke events for clients.
Our magazine Futurescot magazine, published quarterly and distributed with The Times Scotland, is the go-to publication for digital leaders in Scotland, analysing new initiatives and reporting on digital transformation across the private and public sectors. Regular coverage is delivered in our weekly newsletter and website, providing vital news, insight, and analysis for key sectors.
You can see all our conferences and magazines at futurescot.com
- As Futurescot’s Conference & Events Manager – (Research, Content and Development) you will be expected to hit the ground running, generating insightful content and agendas.
- We want someone who is confident and assured across a range of media platforms, including web and social media, and who enjoys having direct interaction with audiences. You will be expected to engage and book high level UK, and international speakers who will excite and inspire our delegates, sponsors, and speakers.
- You will be energetic, creative, and able to build interest in our events and will know how to build compelling narratives for delegates and sponsors, whether they are virtual or in-person events.
- This is a job for someone who wants to be part of an exciting conference and events team working alongside experienced media professionals who will help them develop their content and research skills. It is also a role for someone who wants to build a reputation as a specialist communicator in an exciting and growing technology market.
- To have the confidence to brief sponsors and speakers ahead of conferences, cultivate ongoing relationships with them, and keep up to date on market developments. You will relish publishing material directly onto our website, e-newsletter, and social channels, and be comfortable with live reporting at our conference’s events and the production of post event reports and bulletins.
- Working closely with our marketing team to create compelling conference publicity material, including brochures, advertising, social media, and web content. Identifying the relevant target audiences and identifying the best engagement platforms.
- Identifying and monitoring national and regional legislation and industry developments that would add to the quality of our existing conferences.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills using standard word processing software and first-class attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work smart and productively with a range of internal and external stakeholders, at all levels.
- You will have worked in a dynamic environment and be able to cope with the pressures of working to numerous deadlines.
- Conversant with technology platforms: you can work with content management and marketing systems such as WordPress and Hubspot, and quickly learn new ones.
- Excellent organisational, timekeeping and administration skills, managing multiple email addresses, keeping records of contacts, analytical and measurement skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- A hunger for news and information.
Futurescot is an equal opportunities employer. Please send a covering letter with salary expectations and CV to email@example.com or call 07748 678191