Event Manager – (Operations & Delivery)
We are looking for a dynamic Conference & Events Manager – (Operations & Delivery) to work across our growing portfolio of Conferences and Events. The successful candidate will be responsible for all aspects of delivery throughout the lifetime of their events, leading the delegate, speaker and sponsor journey, plus all on the day and post event activities. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced event professional to oversee and develop a portfolio of high-profile conferences and events.
Futurescot produces the highest quality conference and events for specialist audiences in the technology, public sector, and business sectors. Our flagship DigitalScotland conference is the market-leading public sector digital transformation event in Scotland, telling the story of how technology is transforming our public services. Throughout the year we produce a portfolio of conferences includes Digital Health, Cyber, Edutech, Justice and bespoke events for clients. You can see all our conferences and magazines at futurescot.com.
- As Event Manager you will be expected to hit the ground running, picking up on existing events and work in progress.
- We want someone who is confident and assured across all types of conferences and events, and who enjoys having a direct interaction with delegates, sponsors and speakers and can engage with and has experience in dealing with suppliers including AV, venues, event technology, and others in the supply chain.
- This is a job for someone who wants to be part of an exciting conference and events team alongside experienced events and media professionals and build a reputation as an events specialist in the exciting and growing technology market. Ideally the successful candidate will have experience and an interest in the policy, business or technology sectors.
- To have the confidence to brief speakers and sponsors ahead of conferences, cultivate ongoing relationships with them, and keep up to date on event developments.
- To support the Commercial & Conference Director, and guide and oversee day to day team management and logistics.
- Be the go-to person for other team members to advise on all aspects of event management, and administration.
- In conjunction with the sales team, sponsor, editorial teams provide creative event solutions that are appropriate for our brand and our audience, this will include panel discussions, roundtable dinners and lunches and parties.
- Prepare a delivery plan for each event before launch to ensure it can be viably delivered.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Experience of managing events or conferences at a senior level. Daily team management experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills using standard word processing software and first-class attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work smart and productively, with a range of internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
- You will have worked in a dynamic events environment and be able to cope with the pressures of working to numerous deadlines.
- Conversant with virtual event platforms.
- Excellent organisational, timekeeping and administration skills, managing multiple email addresses, keeping records of contacts, analytical and measurement skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- A keen interest in news and current affairs.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Well-developed financial management skills
- Knowledge of business and event trends including external political and business environments.
- Outstanding influencing and negotiating skills.
- The ability to manage a complex and varied workload.
- Experience of leading teams on-site.
- Ability to think and act quickly in high pressure situations; capable of dealing calmly and efficiently with the unexpected.
- Experience of working within media is desirable, but not essential.
- Demonstrable experience of working with event sponsors.
- Ability to manage time and juggle multiple priorities to execute high quality deliverables.
- Skilled negotiator with proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of staying on budget.
Futurescot is an equal opportunities employer. Please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com or call 07748 678191