Silicon Valley ethics of AI academic to head up Scotland’s Data Delivery Group
- Delivering a world class offer on access to data through Research Data Scotland, in particular to develop a commercial model acceptable to the public and data owners.
- Launch an employer, provider skills group to drive development of data skills offer across schools, further and higher education sectors.
- Develop a programme to foster adoption of data standards in local government to improve the quality, interoperability and availability of data at national level, focussing on non-personal data.
- Developing an AI Strategy for Scotland. This is in production and due to be launched in September.
- Working up a shared approach to telling Scotland’s Data Story as a way of securing inward investment. An initial round table meeting happened recently and approach with be formalised in the next few months.
- Reform of Information Governance. This is complex and ongoing through 2020.
- Review of privacy principles and ethics framework. This is being progressed, linked to the AI strategy.
Please mind the gap… or healthcare may fall
Imagine sharing a lengthy train journey with others. From beginning to end, imagine how often you might hear ‘mind the gap’ messages about embarking and disembarking safely. Picture how navigating…
Women Lead: My journey from Dragons’ Den to Silicon Valley
Following her appearance on Dragons’ Den, Sheila Hogan, serial entrepreneur, founder and chief executive of digital legacy vault, Biscuit Tin, shares her experience of her time in the Den and…
Look anywhere – the future is ‘aged tech’. But Scotland needs to be more adventurous
Scottish Care, as the representative body of independent social care providers of care home, care at home and housing support services, has been working over several years with colleagues in…
Women Lead: Engineer turned entrepreneur
We are always fascinated by other people’s stories. It’s how we connect, grow and learn from each other. Until very recently I always felt like I didn’t have a story to tell. Who…
‘Women – together we will change the dynamic in tech’
I was inspired to start a career in technology when personal computers were in their infancy and the internet decades away. My childhood dream of becoming a scientist was shaped by…
It’s time to change the future of tech apprenticeships – and we need your help
In his latest exclusive column for Futurescot, Ross Tuffee, chair of the Skills Development Scotland (SDS) Digital Economy Skills Group, calls on tech employers to get involved in shaping the…
What AI difference a year makes
Amazingly, it’s been one year since the publication of Scotland’s AI Strategy. And what a year it has been. Demanding but rewarding, with good progress made and great foundations laid…
International Women’s Day: It’s time to harness power of women in technology
As we celebrate International Women’s Day, I hope to be part of a future where barriers that prevent women from competing on a level playing field in the work environment…