Private sector economic development body, Opportunity North East (ONE) and Scotland’s leading business support organisation, Elevator,welcomed seven cutting-edge companies to participate in the North East’s first digital accelerator, which kicked-off on 19th September.
Launched in July, the ONE Digital Accelerator powered by Elevator will support start-up, early stage and growth companies who are looking to develop digital solutions for commercial or industry deployment to improve business efficiency and productivity.
Following a five-day digital bootcamp, where business ideas were tested against a range of digital technologies and business models, those with the greatest potential wereselected to take part in the intensive 12-week accelerator.
Over the course of the programme, participants will be exposed to digital tech case studies, sector experts and have access to the skills, knowledge, networks and advice to take their idea from concept through to minimum viable product stage and on to market readiness.
Those selected include Track Genesis, a digital platform which allows the traceability of ingredients within the food supply chain to reduce the risk of quality compromise, and TL Techsmart, a platform designed to provide the elderly with digital services which allow them to remain independent.
Based at ONE Tech Hub, the home of the digital tech and entrepreneurship community in the North East of Scotland, the programme is being delivered by one of Scotland’s leading digital and technology experts, Alisdair Gunn.
Founder and Director of Framewire, Alisdair has over 20 years’ experience mentoring founders of new tech businesses as well as delivering innovation, strategy, and digital transformation expertise to agile organisations. Regional finalist in Barclay’s 2019 Entrepreneur of the Year Award and winner of the 2018 Ecosystem Award at the inaugural Scottish Tech Startup Awards, he has developed many of Scotland’s prominent digital and technology businesses.
Commenting, Alisdair said: “The ONE Digital Accelerator powered by Elevator is Scotland’s first dedicated tech accelerator focused on the creation and development of industrial driven digital solutions offering increased efficiency and productivity for the economy. Its creation sets a significant new direction for Scotland’s Digital Economy with its focus on industrial transformation.
“Building on Elevator’s mission to develop the leaders of today and tomorrow, it is a real honour to be supporting the personal ambitions of a new generation of business leaders. I look forward to helping our first cohort of entrepreneurs transition and accelerate their innovative digital solutions towards global markets.”
Jared Owen, Director – Digital & Entrepreneurship, ONE said: ““We are delighted to see such an enthusiastic response to our first ONE digital accelerator and, following on from the bootcamp, we hope to inspire and support those in the early stages of developing an idea through to minimal viable product and market readiness stage.
The program is a great introduction to the vibrant digital ecosystem helping to transform the region into a global hub for people and businesses that want to engage in the industrial digital economy.”
Companies in the first ONE Digital Accelerator powered by Elevator are listed below:
- Agile Resources: focused on developing a staff resourcing service allowing businesses to source people and staff on a part-time, flexible, freelance or consulting basis.
- Flow Assured: aims to develop a digital service which can integrate into existing pipeline/production management systems to support real-time simulation and analysis resulting in a traceable, tracked system.
- TL Techsmart: a platform designed to provide the elderly with digital services which allow them to remain independent.
- Frisco Projects: Utilising sustainable Energy and Transport solutions, the team is focused on developing digital services to aid the adopter and users of Electric Bikes.
- Track Genesis:aims todeliver a digital platform which allows the traceability of ingredients within the food supply chain to reduce the risk of quality compromise.
- Blue Gentoo: aims to develop adigital gas hydrate management platform which collates real-time chemical sensor data. Using machine learning processes, the platform predicts and prevents gas hydrate formation, which is a major problem for offshore gas producers.
Simon Morgan: is developingan adventure-based business offering customers the ability to plan bespoke adventure experiences through an online service