Cloud computing enables organisations to deliver services at scale, more cost effectively and efficiently, and to harness innovation. Although many public sector organisations continue to operate with on-premises ‘legacy’ systems, cloud first policies, standards and best practices are aiding the decommissioning and migration process.
In Scotland, there are national procurement frameworks and community user groups which are helping to support those making that journey, which needs to be balanced carefully against risk, business requirements and climate change targets.
Join our Future of Cloud engagement events to get the latest news, insight and practical guidance to help you make the most of cloud computing in your organisation.
- Operate efficiently and cost-effectively
- Be flexible and responsive to demand levels
- Transition from legacy systems
- Upskill and change organisational behaviours
- The risk register: increase resilience, decrease network downtime and boost security
- Environmental sustainability