ScotlandIS and the Scottish Government call on scots tech firms to help build ‘digital nation’
ScotlandIS and The Scottish Government are today calling on Scottish-based tech firms of all sizes to help increase the pace of Scotland’s digital progress and develop the critical national digital and data infrastructure the country needs. The ScotlandIS Challenge will see resulting projects taken forward as part of The Scottish Government’s CivTech process, which has an established track record of bringing the public and private sectors together to deliver innovative solutions and create new commercial opportunities. ScotlandIS and The Scottish Government are looking for ground-breaking ideas and potential solutions to challenges that display technical expertise and results-based thinking. The ScotlandIS Challenge is open and inclusive, and encourages firms to consider the following:
- What are the key components of a new digital and data infrastructure and why they are a priority?
- How can the national digital and data assets of Scotland be protected?
- What are the technical solutions to build these components and how can they be applied?
- How could more essential public services be delivered online – be that healthcare, education, or the way we carry out financial transactions?
- How could The Scottish Government work more closely with the private sector to speed delivery, innovate and maximise benefits and investment to the Scottish economy?